Additionally, we have prepared an additional easy to read document that complements this policy, with the intent of providing full transparency over how Ferret Card collects your data and how it is used:
What Personal Information Does Ferret Card Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter and/or Facebook usernames, use information regarding your use of our Service, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Service via mobile. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to earn rewards from merchants, improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Service, Ferret Card automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We treat this data as non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. Ferret Card only uses this data in aggregate form. We may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Service.
How is My Information Shared?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. Ferret Card may share your Personal Information only as described below.
- Friends: Your "friends" may see whenever you grab or redeem a special, redeem a reward, earn a Pin, select a store as a Favourite, or submit a review. You may also select up to 5 of those friends to also earn Silver Stamps whenever you earn Gold Stamps at a merchant; those 5 friends will therefore see whenever you earn Gold Stamps. Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
- Merchants: Merchants participating in the Ferret Card platform will not have any access to your personal information, with the exception of the number of Gold and Silver Stamps you have in your account whenever you wish to redeem a reward, and whether you have selected their store as your Favourite. Any information provided to merchants regarding their customers is provided only in aggregate. No statistical information is provided to merchants until they have given Gold Stamps to a minimum of 10 Ferret Card users, at which point information is provided in aggregate form only. When advertising on Ferret Card, merchants can target specific groups of users based on their demographics and usage behaviour. This targeting is not by name, and merchants are not informed of which individual users have seen their advertisements.
- Information Shared with Everyone: The only information shared publicly (beyond your list of friends) is reviews you leave on participating merchants. Your name will only be displayed with a first name and initial. No additional personal information is revealed publicly.
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of Ferret Card and others:
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we may enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may sell items or provide promotions to you through Ferret Card's Service. In other situations, Ferret Card may provides services, or sell products jointly with these businesses. Under none of these situations would Ferret Card provide personal information to a business partner.
- Business Transfers: If Ferret Card or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that Ferret Card goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of Ferret Card and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Ferret Card, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Ferret Card account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Ferret Card endeavours to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, Ferret Card cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Please note that this site is hosted on computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of this site or the Service or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
How Do I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Ferret Card account, you may do so by clicking on the "delete account" link on your account settings page. If you terminate your account, your profile, including your stamps, pins you received, your User Submissions (as defined in Ferret Card's Terms of Service) and any promotional offers you received, will be removed from the site and deleted from Ferret Card's servers. Because of the way we maintain Ferret Card, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days.
How Is Information Removed From My Account?
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.